There the channel sat. While MLB continued to upload classic clips to their main MLB channel, this clips did not find their way to the 'Classics' channel. Still yet, MLB would make their international channels available in the US at the conclusion of the season under the titles of 'MLBGlobal11', etc but didn't bring these games over to their 'Classics' channel. World Series games from 2013 and even the 'Curse' breaking World Series clincher between Cleveland and Chicago would be uploaded to the main 'MLB' YouTube channel.
This channel seemed like a dead channel, a place you could go if you wanted to see the '52 Series clincher or Kerry Wood strike out 20 Astros.
Until 3 weeks ago...
MLB rebranded the channel 'MLB Vault'. All the previous content remains. However, the channel did add 6 new produced videos. These clips, all under 20 minutes, feature either broadcast footage or This Week in Baseball footage. The list of these recent clips are:
- Legendary Batting Stances: a 15 minute video highlighting such players as Ichiro, Rod Carew, Pete Rose, Mo Vaughn, Albert Pujols, Willie Stargell, amongst others.
- CC Sabathia's Major League Debut in 2001: a 4 minute highlight from CC's debut
- McGwire dents Shea scoreboard with long shot: a 2 minute clip of Mark McGwire's 8/22/99 HR off of Octavio Dotel. The clip is from WB11, the St. Louis feed.
- Slammin Sammy! Best of Sammy Sosa: Highlight reel of Sosa's exploits
- Ken Griffey Jr - Rookie Year HR reel: A number of Junior's HRs from his 1989 Rookie season
- Frank Robinson debuts as Indians Player/Manager: This Mel Allen narrated clip tells of Robinson's debut as Cleveland's player manager (a game we've already discussed before)
With that said, it has been over 2 weeks (as of this writing) since they uploaded new footage. So maybe not much has changed...